USS Bland was a Haskell-class attack transport laid down on August 2, 1944 and launched on October 26, the same year. It was commissioned on December 15, 1944 under Comdr. Laurence E. Eastman’s command, with the hull number APA-134 and it served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on April 27, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 536 people onboard and had the main missions in California, Ulithi, San Pedro, Guam, Buckner Bay, Norfolk or Tientsin. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on May 8, 1946 and sold for scrapping in 1974.