USS Bremerton was a Baltimore-class heavy cruiser laid down on February 1, 1943 and launched on July 2, 1944. It was commissioned on April 29, the following year under Capt. John Boyd Mallard’s command as CA-130 and served in the US Navy for 12 years until it was decommissioned on July 29, 1960. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 1,042 people on board and had the main missions in Norfolk, Guantanamo, San Pedro, Pearl Harbor, Formosa, Vallejo, Wonsan or New York. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy Register on October 1, 1973 and sold for scrapping to the Zidell Explorations Corporation in Portland the following year. For the services brought to the country during the Korean War, the ship received 2 battle stars.