USS Bronx was a Haskell-class attack transport launched on July 14, 1945. It was commissioned on August 27, 1945 under Capt. E. J. Anderson’s command, with the hull number APA-236 and it served in the US Navy for 4 years until it was decommissioned on June 30, 1949. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 536 people on board and had the main missions in San Diego, Shanghai, Tsingtao, Taku, Korea, Okinawa or California. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Naval Register on October 1, 1958 and later redesignated as amphibious transport in January 1969.