USS Calamus was a Mettawee-class gasoline tanker launched on May 4, 1944. It was commissioned on July 7, the same year under Lt. W. Hord’s command with the hull number AOG-25 and it served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on July 7, 1944. It was decommissioned on May 15, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 62 people onboard and had the main missions in Norfolk, Pearl Harbor, Ulithi, Eniwetok, Iwo Jima, Saipan or Okinawa. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List and scrapped in 1964. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Calamus received one battle star.