The USS Cebu was an internal combustion engine repair ship in the service of the US Navy during World War II. It belonged to the Luzon-class and it was the second ship in service that had this name. The USS Cebu finished its construction in September 1943 and was launched as the liberty ship SS Francis P. Duffy under a MARCOM contract. The ship's builder was Bethlehem-Fairfield Shipyard based in Baltimore, Maryland. During the war, the ship was responsible for delivering equipment and trained personnel for the repair of internal combustion engines. The USS Cebu was one of the ships that suffered damage because of the ammunition ship Mount Hood explosion accident in November 1944. The ship was anchored at about 800 yd away from the explosion and several of its men were wounded and died in the process. The physical damage was not enough to interrupt its work and so, the ship carried on, preparing ships for the Lingayen and Iwo Jima assaults. In early 1945, the ship was stationed at Ulithi, servicing victims of the kamikaze attacks that needed immediate repairs. It was then sent to Pearl Harbor to prepare for the atomic tests during Operation Crossroads at Bikini and Kwajalein in the summer of 1946. It was decommissioned at San Diego, California, in September 1947 and placed in the reserve fleet at Stockton, California. It was later moved at Suisun Bay and sold to Zidell Exploration for scrapping in October 1973. The ship received one battle star for its World War II service.