USS Cortland was a Gilliam-class attack transport launched on October 18, 1944. It was commissioned on January 1, the following year under Comdr. F. C. B. Jordan’s command with the hull number APA-75 and it served in the US Navy for 1 year until it was decommissioned on December 30, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 322 people onboard and had the main missions in San Francisco, San Pedro, Manila, Seattle, Okinawa, Sasebo or Hong Kong. After the decommissioning, the ship was delivered to the Maritime Commission in 1948.
73 years old