USS Dale W. Peterson was an Edsall-class destroyer escort laid down on October 25, 1943 and launched on December 22, the same year. It was commissioned on February 17, 1944 under Lt. Comdr. A. A. Hero’s command with the hull number DE-337 and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on March 27, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 209 people on board and had the main missions in New York, Norfolk, Naples, France, Guantanamo Bay, Pearl Harbor, San Diego or Florida. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on January 2, 1971 and sold for scrapping the following year.