USS Dauphin was a Windsor-class attack transport launched on June 10, 1944. It was commissioned on September 23, the same year under Comdr. B. Connelly’s command with the hull number APA-97 and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on April 30, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 552 people on board and had the main missions in Norfolk, Newport, Pearl Harbor, Saipan, Ulithi, San Francisco or Okinawa. After the decommissioning, the ship was sold for commercial purpose where it was renamed SS Exochorda and then SS Stevens. The ship was scrapped in 1979. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Dauphin received one battle star.
90 years old