The USS Dionysus was a repair ship that served the US Navy during World War II. It belonged to the Xanthus-class. The ship was launched as the Liberty Ship SS Faithful by Bethlehem-Fairfield Shipyard in October 1944 and acquired by the Navy the same month. During its short World War II service, the vessel was stationed at Eniwetok where it fulfilled its repair duties. It was decommissioned at San Pedro in January 1947. The USS Dionysus was recommissioned in February 1952 and sent to join the Atlantic Fleet, serving out of the Naval Station Norfolk base until sometime in 1953 when it was relocated to the Caribbean and later, Newport, Rhode Island. It was decommissioned again, in February 1955, at Beaumont, Texas and placed in the reserve fleet. The vessel remained a part of the James River Reserve Fleet until May 1978 when it joined an artificial reef program in North Carolina.