USS Doherty was an Evarts-class destroyer escort laid down on February 28, 1942 and launched on August 29, the same year. It was commissioned on February 6, 1943 under Lt. Comdr. A. Jackson’s command with the hull number DE-14 and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on December 14, 1945. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 198 people on board and had the main missions in San Diego, Alaska, Pearl Harbor, San Francisco, Guam, Okinawa or San Pedro. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on January 8, 1946 and sold for scrapping in 1946. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Doherty received 3 medals.