USS Donaldson was an Evarts-class destroyer escort laid down on February 12, 1943 and launched on August 1, the same year. It was commissioned on December 1, 1943 under Lt. Comdr. H. L. Plage’s command with the hull number DE-44 and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on December 5, 1945. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 198 people on board and had the main missions in Pearl Harbor, Eniwetok, Roi Namur, the Marshalls, Peleliu, Angaur, Kwajalein, the Marianas, Russell Islands, Ulithi or Hollandia. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on December 19, 1945 and sold for scrapping the following year. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Donaldson received 7 battle stars.
90 years old