USS Duffy was an Evarts-class destroyer escort laid down on October 29, 1942 and launched on April 16, the following year. It was commissioned on August 5, 1943 under Comdr. G. A. Parkinson’s command with the hull number DE-27 and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on November 9, 1945. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 156 people on board and had the main missions in Leyte, Maloelap, Mille Atoll or San Francisco. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List and sold for scrapping in 1947. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Duffy received 2 battle stars.
90 years old