USS Dufilho was a John C. Butler-class destroyer escort laid down on January 31, 1944 and launched on March 9, the same year. It was commissioned on July 21, 1944 under Lt. Cmdr. A. H. Nienau’s command as DE-423 and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on May 14, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 215 people on board and had the main missions in San Diego, Morotai, Manus, Casablanca, Okinawa, Hong Kong or Tarakan. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on December 1, 1972 and sold for scrapping the following year.