USS Duluth was a Cleveland-class light cruiser laid down on November 9, 1942 and launched on January 13, 1944. It was commissioned on September 18, 1944 under Capt. Donald Roderick Osborn’s command with the hull number CL-87 and served in the US Navy for 5 years until it was decommissioned on June 25, 1949. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 1,255 people on board and had the main missions in Newport, Norfolk, Pearl Harbor, Guam, Tokyo Bay, Seattle, San Pedro, Melbourne, Sydney, Truk, Manila or Kodiak. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List and sold in 1960. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Duluth received 2 battle stars.
90 years old
USS Duluth (CL-87) - Facts and Asbestos Exposuremore »