USS Edgar G. Chase was an Evarts-class destroyer escort laid down on March 14, 1942 and launched on September 26, the same year. It was commissioned on March 20, 1943 under Lt. Comdr. J. J. Morony’s command with the hull number DE-16 and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on October 16, 1945. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 198 people on board and had the main missions in Miami, Norfolk, Recife, New York, England or Oran. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on November 1, 1945 and sold for scrapping in 1947. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Edgar G. Chase received 3 medals.