USS Eugene E. Elmore was a Rudderow-class destroyer escort launched on December 23, 1943. It was commissioned on February 4, 1944 under Lt. Comdr. G. L. Conkey’s command as DE-686 and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on May 31, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 186 people on board and had the main missions in Norfolk, New Guinea, Hollandia, San Pedro, New York, Biak, Lingayen Gulf or Casablanca. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Eugene E. Elmore received 4 battle stars.
Died on 12/06/2014