USS Fanshaw Bay was a Casablanca-class escort carrier laid down on May 18, 1943 and launched on November 1, the same year. It was commissioned on December 9, 1943 with the hull number CVE-70 under Capt. Douglass P. Johnson’s command and served in the US Navy for 3 years until it was decommissioned on 14 August, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 764 men on board had the main missions in Saipan, San Diego, Pearl Harbor, Leyte, Guam, Eniwetok or Manus. After the decommissioning, the ship was sold for scrapping on September 26, 1959. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Fanshaw Bay received 5 battle stars and the Presidential Unit Citation.
Died on 06/17/1944