USS Farquhar was an Edsall-class destroyer escort laid down on December 14, 1942 and launched on February 13, the following year. It was commissioned on August 5, 1943 under Lt. Cmdr. L. E. Rosenberg’s command as DE-139 and served in the US Navy for 3 years until it was decommissioned on June 14, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 209 people on board and had the main missions in Casablanca, Pearl Harbor, Boston, Bermuda, New York, Eniwetok, Kwajalein, Cape Town, Guantanamo, Florida, Bahia, Argentia or Dakar. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on October 1, 1972 and sold for scrapping in 1974. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Farquhar received a battle star.