USS Fowler was a Buckley-class destroyer escort laid down on April 5, 1943 and launched on July 3, the same year. It was commissioned on March 15, 1944 under Lt. Comdr. G. S. Forde’s command with the hull number DE-222 and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on June 28, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 213 men on board and it had the main missions in New York, Norfolk, Boston, Gibraltar, Oran, northern Africa or New London. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on July 1, 1965. One year and a half later, on December 29, 1966 the ship was sold for scrapping. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Fowler received one battle star.