USS Gantner was a Buckley-class destroyer escort laid down on December 31, 1942 and launched on April 17, 1943. It was commissioned on July 23, 1943 under Lt. Comdr. Barklie M. Henry’s command with the hull number DE-60 and served in the US Navy for 5 years until it was decommissioned on August 2, 1949. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 213 men on board and it had the main missions in Bermuda, New York, Derry, Boston, the Marshall Islands, Tokyo Bay, Shiogama Wan, Ominato Ko, Otaru or Gaum. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Naval Register on January 15, 1966. One month later, it was transferred to the Republic of China where it was converted into a frigate under the name of Wen Shan.