USS Goodhue was a Bayfield-class attack transport laid down on January 7, 1944 and launched on May 31, the same year. It was commissioned on November 11, 1944 under Capt. L. D. Sharp’s command with the hull number APA-107 and it served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on April 5, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 575 people onboard and had the main missions in San Pedro, Hollandia, Kerama Retto, San Diego, Leyte, Japan, Eniwetok or Okinawa. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List and sold in 1947 to Matson Navigation Company where it was renamed Hawaiian Citizen. Thirty-four years later, the ship was resold to Chi Shun Hua Steel Company in Kaohsiung where it was finally scrapped. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Goodhue received 1 battle star.
89 years old