The USS Granville S. Hall was a Liberty Ship that served the US Navy during World War II. The ship’s builder was J.A. Jones Construction Company in Florida and launched in 1944 to be used as a civilian cargo ship. It was acquired by the Navy in 1953 and converted to a miscellaneous auxiliary service craft. The ship served during the Operation Castle atomic bomb tests and then it was placed in the reserve fleet in 1957. It was reactivated in May 1962 and until 1972, it took part in the Project SHAD, a project aimed at evaluating the effectiveness of US ships to detect and protect against biological/chemical weapons. It was scrapped in March 1972.