USS Grundy was a Windsor-class attack transport launched on June 16, 1944. It was commissioned on January 3, the following year under Capt. J. M. Cabanillas’ command with the hull number APA-111 and served in the US Navy for 1 year until it was decommissioned on May 8, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 476 people on board and had the main missions in Norfolk, Ulithi, Galveston, Newport, Eniwetok, Peleliu or Okinawa. After the decommissioning, the ship was transferred to Moore-McCormack Lines where it was renamed Mormacsurf.
77 years old