USS Guam was an Alaska-class large cruiser laid down on February 2, 1942 and launched on November 12, 1943. It was commissioned on September 17, 1944 under Capt. Leland Lovette’s command as CB-2 and served in the US Navy for 3 years until it was decommissioned on February 17, 1947. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 1,517 people and 1 aircraft on board and had the main missions in New Jersey, Trinidad, Ulithi, Pearl Harbor, Shikoku, Kyushu or Okinawa. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on June 1, 1960 and sold for scrapping to Boston Metals Company in Baltimore the following year. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Guam received 2 battle stars.