USS Guilford was a Bayfield-class attack transport launched on July 14, 1944. It was commissioned on May 14, the following year under Capt. E. R. Gardner’s command with the hull number APA-112 and it served in the US Navy for 1 year until it was decommissioned on May 29, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 575 people onboard and had the main missions in Norfolk, Guam, Newport, Saipan, Panama, Japan, San Diego or Okinawa. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List and sold in 1947 to Pope and Talbot Lines where it was renamed SS P&T Navigator. In 1973, the ship was finally scrapped.
90 years old