USS Hampton was a Bayfield-class attack transport launched on August 25, 1944. It was commissioned on February 17, the following year under Comdr. W. H. Ferguson’s command with the hull number APA-115 and it served in the US Navy for 1 year until it was decommissioned on April 30, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 575 onboard and had the main missions in Norfolk, Pearl Harbor, Samar, Uithi, Seabees, Tsingtao, Leyte or Okinawa. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List and sold for scrapping in 1947 to Pope and Talbot Lines.