USS Hendry was a Haskell-class attack transport launched on June 24, 1944. It was commissioned on September 29, the same year under Capt. R. C. Welles’ command, with the hull number APA-118 and it served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on February 21, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 536 people onboard and had the main missions in California, San Francisco, Okinawa, Iwo Jima, Tulagi or Espiritu Santo. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List and sold for scrapping to Union Minerals & Alloys Corporation in 1973. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Hendry received 2 battle stars.
92 years old