USS Hinsdale was a Haskell-class attack transport laid down on June 21, 1944 and launched on July 22, the same year. It was commissioned on October 15, 1944 under Comdr. Edward Flood Beyer’s command, with the hull number APA-120 and it served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on April 8, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 536 people onboard and had the main missions in California, San Francisco, Sasebo, Okinawa, Kerama Retto, Hawaii or Ulithi. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List and sold for scrapping to Luria Brothers & CB. V. Intershitra in 1974. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Hinsdale received 2 battle stars.
97 years old