USS Hocking was a Haskell-class attack transport laid down on June 7, 1944 and launched on July 25, the same year. It was commissioned on October 22, 1944 under Comdr. C. D. Shutz’ command, with the hull number APA-121 and it served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on May 10, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 536 people onboard and had the main missions in California, San Francisco, Leyte, Okinawa, Eniwetok, Espiritu Santo or Ulithi. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List and sold for scrapping to Luria Brothers & Co. in 1974. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Hocking received 2 battle stars.