USS Hunter Liggett was a Harris- attack transport launched on June 4, 1921. It was commissioned on June 9, 1941 with the hull number APA-14 and it served in the US Navy for 5 years until it was decommissioned on March 18, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 725 people onboard and had the main missions in Hawaii, Tongatapu, San Diego, Honolulu, Noumea or Tulagi. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List and sold for scrapping in 1948 to Boston Metals in Baltimore. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Hunter Liggett received 4 battle stars.