USS John J. Powers was an Evarts-class destroyer escort laid down on September 25, 1943 and launched on November 2, the same year. It was commissioned on February 29, 1944 under Lt. Cmdr. E. W. Loew’s command as DE-528 and served in the US Navy for 1 year until it was decommissioned on October 16, 1945. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 198 people on board and had the main missions in Bermuda, Charleston, Boston, New York, Halifax, Casablanca, Casco Bay, Miami or Mers El Kebir. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on November 1, 1945 and sold for scrapping in 1946.
88 years old