The USS Justin was a Liberty Ship built by Todd Houston Shipbuilding Corporation out Houston, Texas in 1944. It was operated as a cargo ship under the name of Gus W. Darnell until it was acquired by the Navy in September 1945. It was commissioned in the Philippines and steamed for Shanghai, China to return to the US with passengers and mail from Guam. It was decommissioned at San Francisco in early 1946, returned to the WSA, and placed in the reserve fleet at Suisun Bay. It was scrapped in 1954.