The USS Kenmore was a cargo ship belonging to the Crater-class that was built in the United States during World War II. Under the US Navy’s control, the ship was responsible for supporting the Asiatic-Pacific Theater operations with troops and equipment. The ship was laid down under a MARCOM contract as the Liberty Ship SS James H. McClintock at the California Shipbuilding Corporation shipyards at Terminal Island, Los Angeles. It was acquired by the Navy later that year, renamed, and commissioned under Lieutenant Commander Olin H. Pitts’s command. Throughout 1943 and 1944, the USS Kenmore transported supplies between various Pacific Islands, providing support in both the Marshalls and Marianas invasions. Towards the end of the war, the vessel was a part of the Okinawa campaign and once the hostilities ended, the ship made several trips between the Pacific Islands, China and San Francisco as a part of the Operation “Magic Carpet”. Later on, it was delivered to the WSA and placed in the reserve until it was sold to a Chinese corporation for scrapping. The USS Kenmore received two battle stars for its war service.