USS La Prade was a John C. Butler-class destroyer escort laid down on November 18, 1943 and launched on December 31, the same year. It was commissioned on April 20, 1944 under Lt. Cmdr. C. M. Fellows’ command as DE-409 and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on May 11, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 215 people on board and had the main missions in Pearl Harbor, Eniwetok, Manus, Norfolk, Kossol Roads, Okinawa, Leyte, Ulithi, Palaus or San Diego. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on January 15, 1972 and sold for scrapping to the following year. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS La Prade received 1 battle star.