USS Lang was a Benham-class destroyer laid down on April 5, 1937 and launched on August 27, 1938. It was commissioned on March 30, the following year under Lt. Comdr. Felix L. Johnson’s command with the hull number DD-399 and served in the US Navy for 6 years until it was decommissioned on October 16, 1945. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 184 people on board and had the main missions in New Port, Halifax, San Diego, Sandy Hook, Port Royal or New Hebrides. After the decommissioning, the ship was sold to George Nutman Inc. in Brooklyn and scrapped in 1947. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Lang received 11 battle stars.
75 years old