USS Lanier was a Haskell-class attack transport laid down on June 25, 1944 and launched on August 29, the same year. It was commissioned on December 22, 1944 under Comdr. Walter W. Rockey’s command, with the hull number APA-125 and it served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on March 5, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 536 people onboard and had the main missions in California, Ulithi, Tokyo Bay, Nagasaki, New Guinea, Norfolk or Sagami Wan. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List and sold for scrapping to Union Minerals & Alloys Corporation in 1973. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Lanier received 1 battle star.
95 years old