USS Latimer was a Haskell-class attack transport launched on July 4, 1944. It was commissioned on August 28, the same year under Capt. John p. Dix’ command, with the hull number APA-152 and it served in the US Navy for 3 years until it was decommissioned on February 26, 1947. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 536 people onboard and had the main missions in Pearl Harbor, Saipan, Okinawa, Manus, New Guinea, Eniwetok, Ulithi, Hagushi, France or Italy. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List and sold for scrapping.