USS LeHardy was an Evarts-class destroyer escort laid down on April 15, 1942 and launched on November 21, the same year. It was commissioned on May 15, 1943 under Lt. Comdr. J. H. Prause’s command with the hull number DE-20 and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on October 25, 1945. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 198 people on board and had the main missions in Pearl Harbor, the Marshalls, Kwajalein, San Pedro, Eniwetok, the Gilberts or Funafuti. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on November 13, 1945 and sold for scrapping the following year. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS LeHardy received 2 battle stars.