USS Leonard Wood was a Harris-attack transport laid down on July 29, 1920 and launched on September 17, 1921. It was commissioned on June 10, 1941 with the hull number APA-21 and it served in the US Navy for 5 years until it was decommissioned on March 22, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 724 people onboard and had the main missions in Cristobal, Halifax, Bombay, Singapore, North Africa, Fedhala, Sicily, Honolulu, Tarawa, the Gilberts, the Marshalls, Saipan, the Palaus or the Philippines. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on April 12, 1946 and sold for scrapping in 1948 to Consolidated Builders. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Leonard Wood received 8 battle stars.
94 years old