USS LeRay Wilson was a John C. Butler-class destroyer escort laid down on December 20, 1943 and launched on January 28, the following year. It was commissioned on May 10, 1944 under Lt. Cmdr. M. V. Carson’s command as DE-414 and served in the US Navy for 11 years until it was decommissioned on January 30, 1959. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 215 people on board and had the main missions in Boston, Pearl Harbor, Lingayen Gulf, Tokyo, Okinawa, Leyte or Saipan. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on May 15, 1972 and sold for scrapping the following year. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS LeRay Wilson received 4 battle stars.
Died on 01/10/1945