The USS Luzon (ARG-2) was an internal combustion engine repair ship built at Bethlehem-Fairfield Shipyard, Baltimore, Maryland, during World War II. The USS Luzon (ARG-2) keel was laid down under a Maritime Commission contract on 8 April 1943, launched on 14 May 1943 and placed in commission on 12 October 1944 with CDR. Elmer R. Runquist in command. Like other ships of her time, the USS Luzon (ARG-2) was built with asbestos-containing materials. Asbestos was prized for its resistance to heat, water, fire, and corrosion, so it could be found in virtually every area of the ship in hundreds of applications including steam lines, pumps, boilers, condensers, evaporators, turbines, deck material, and electrical equipment. During World War II, the USS Luzon (ARG-2) was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific Theater and participated in the Korean War Campaign. Following World War II, she performed occupation service in the Far East from 3 October to 24 December 1945. On 26 August 1974, the ship was sold to Ssangyong Trading Co., Seoul, South Korea, for scrapping.