USS MacKenzie was a Benson-class destroyer laid down on May 29, 1941 and launched on June 27, the following year. It was commissioned on November 21, 1942 under Comdr. D. B. Miller’s command with the hull number DD-614 and served in the US Navy for 4 years until it was decommissioned on February 4, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 259 people on board and had the main missions in Panama Canal, Maine, the Mediterranean, Scoglitti, Swansea, Naples, Boston or Gulf of Genoa. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on July 1, 1971 and sold for scrapping in 1974. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS MacKenzie received 4 battle stars.