The USS Maloy (DE-791/EDE-791) was a Buckley-class destroyer escort laid down on May 10, 1943 and launched on August 18, the same year. It was commissioned on December 13, 1943 under Lt. Frederic D. Kellogg’s command with the hull number DE-791 and served in the US Navy for 22 years until it was decommissioned on May 28, 1965. Meanwhile, the ship was reclassified as EDE-791. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 186 men on board and it had the main missions in Northern Ireland, Omaha Beach, Normandy, Channel Islands, Maine or the Dominican Republic. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Naval Register on June 1, 1965. One year later, it was sold for scrapping to the North American Smelting Company in Wilmington, Delaware. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, the USS Maloy received 1 battle star.