USS Manlove was an Evarts-class destroyer escort laid down on February 24, 1943 and launched on July 28, the same year. It was commissioned on November 8, 1943 under Lt. Comdr. J. P. Ingle’s command with the hull number DE-36 and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on November 16, 1945. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 198 people on board and had the main missions in Pearl Harbor, the Marshalls, Okinawa, Kwajalein, Guam, Ulithi, Wotje or San Francisco. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on November 28, 1945 and sold for scrapping to A. G. Schoonmaker Co in New York City in 1948. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Manlove received 5 battle stars.