USS Manokin was a Mettawee-class gasoline tanker laid down on June 28, 1943 and launched on January 25, the following year. It was commissioned on October 27, 1944 under Lt. John R. O’Halloran’s command with the hull number AOG-60 and it served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on March 27, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 66 people onboard. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on May 1, 1946 and sold for scrapping to Standard-Vacuum Oil Corporation in 1946 where it was renamed MT Mei Ping and, subsequently, to Petroleum Storage Service in 1964 where it was renamed MT Sea Horse. In 1988, USS Manokin was scrapped.