USS Martin H. Ray was an Edsall-class destroyer escort laid down on October 27, 1943 and launched on December 23, the same year. It was commissioned on February 28, 1944 under Lt. H. V. Tucker’s command with the hull number DE-338 and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned in March 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 209 people on board and had the main missions in Bermuda, New York, Norfolk, Naples, British Isles, France, Guantanamo Bay, Panama Canal, Pearl Harbor, San Diego or Florida. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on May 1, 1966 and sold for scrapping the following year.
89 years old