USS Mason was an Evarts-class destroyer escort laid down on October 14, 1943 and launched on November 17, the same year. It was commissioned on March 20, 1944 under Lt. Cmdr. William M. Blackford’s command as DE-529 and served in the US Navy for 1 year until it was decommissioned on October 12, 1945. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 156 people on board and had the main missions in Bermuda, Charleston, New London, Belfast, Boston, New York, Azores, Plymouth, Oran or Miami. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on November 1, 1945 and sold for scrapping in 1947.