USS McClelland was a Cannon-class destroyer escort laid down on July 21, 1943 and launched on November 28, the same year. It was commissioned on September 19, 1944 under Lt. Cmdr. Glendon D. Williams’ command with the hull number DE-750 and served in the US Navy for 14 years until it was decommissioned on September 12, 1960. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 216 men on board and had the main missions in Volcano Islands, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Espiritu Santo, Ryukyus, Saipan, Eniwetok, Ulithi or Leyte. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on August 1, 1972. One year later, USS McClelland was sold for scrapping. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, the ship received 3 battle stars.