USS McConnell was a Cannon-class destroyer escort laid down on October 19, 1942 and launched on March 28, the following year. It was commissioned on May 28, 1943 under Comdr. D. D. Humphreys’ command with the hull number DE-163 and served in the US Navy for 3 years until it was decommissioned on June 29, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 216 men on board and had the main missions in Bermuda, San Francisco, Pearl Harbor, Samoa, New Caledonia, New Hebrides, Guadalcanal, the Solomons, Tulagi, Eniwetok, the Marshalls, the Fijis or Bougainville. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy Register on October 1, 1972 and sold for scrapping in 1974. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS McConnell received 3 battle stars.