USS Micka was a Cannon-class destroyer escort laid down on May 3, 1943 and launched on August 22, the same year. It was commissioned on September 23, 1943 under Lt. G. C. Spencer’s command with the hull number DE-176 and served in the US Navy for 3 years until it was decommissioned on June 14, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 216 men on board and had the main missions in New York, Brazil, Recife, Algeria, South Carolina or Pearl Harbor. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on August 1, 1965 and sold for scrapping two years later.
87 years old